Flip Flops

Quilting Possibilities

Quilting Possibilities
Our latest wool bundle - Sunflowers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!  Holy smokes, where does time vanish?  I think it has something to do with running around like a chicken with your head cut off (who came up with that awful scenario?) and not noticing that life is happening all around you.  STOP!  SMELL THE ROSES!  Ha!

We've had grandbaby birthdays - Nathan turned 3 (how did that happen????), Colin turned 2 and Aubrey turned 1.  I made mention that next year we would not have grandchildren aged 4, 3, 2 and 1 and not one of my children paid any attention to me.  :0)

I've been quilting up a storm and putting on the dreaded bindings - three this week.  I really think that must be a record!  If I'd get off the computer, it would be 4!  Here's pictures of a couple that I've completed this week.
Holiday Doorway

Strip Club - Candy Corn

Four Patch Fancies - Christmas
And the big time sucker has been moving everything out of the storage unit and into the garage.  When we decided to move the shop last year, we only had about 6 weeks to do it.  That sounds like a lot of time but look around your house, imagine it's 5800 square feet stuffed with stuff, how long would it take you to pack it all up NEATLY?  See that was the sticker, packing it so we could find things again.  The staff did a Herculean job but it was still boxes and boxes and more boxes that needed to be sorted through.  

After moving, I didn't want to ever look at all those boxes again so they sat in the storage unit waiting.  Well the time finally came as we've sifted, sorted, pitched and stored things until we didn't need that big of a storage unit anymore, so we decided to downsize.  A "slight" change of a quoted price of a smaller unit decided that we wouldn't use ANY storage unit but would put it all in the garage.  

If I ever decided to do something like that again, would someone please put me out of my misery BEFORE it happens?

Two strapping sons, moved it all in about three hours.  Piles of stuff all over the garage.  Ugh.  Shelves were set up, bunches and bunches of clear storage boxes were purchased and almost everything is now in bins, on shelves, neatly labeled in the garage.  

And the car might actually fit in there!

Until next time.


No comments: