Flip Flops

Quilting Possibilities

Quilting Possibilities
Our latest wool bundle - Sunflowers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

St Louis & Baby Lock Tech & Quilts of Valor

Jim and I are in St. Louis - he's actually at the arch now, I rolled my ankle at the botanical gardens this morning and decided I should rest it before the convention starts.  We left NJ last night and felt like refugees as they closed the Parkway behind us because Irene is coming to call.  We're keeping in touch with Sara as she, Brian and Nathan wait out the storm at home.

Tomorrow we start with classes but tonight is for the opening session - always a good time! - and a welcoming reception - good food and seeing friends.  I'll post some pictures on Facebook - just type Quilting Possibilities into the FB search engine - keep checking this week as I post pictures of new machines, classes and whatever else catches my eye.

Baby Lock asked all it's dealers attending Tech to make quilt blocks that they will sew into quilts for Quilts Of Valor.  Ten days ago I challenged the staff to make blocks to donate and they donated 21 blocks!  I did one for Jim and one for myself, so we'll be donating 23 blocks to this great cause!  The fabric is from Timeless Treasures' Quilts of Valor line.   Thanks to all the staff who sewed blocks - you ROCK!


Until next time.

No comments: