Flip Flops

Quilting Possibilities

Quilting Possibilities
Our latest wool bundle - Sunflowers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Falling Off The Face Of The Earth

I really didn't fall off the face of the earth but I might have been hanging off the edge for a bit.  I went to Kaye's College in Las Vegas at the end of January and had a wonderful time - until the day after I got home and I started to feel funny.  The "kid" - young man - on the plane next to me sniffled the whole way out to Vegas and I really thought I'd dodged getting sick.  HA!  Then there were people getting sick at Kaye's College - including Kaye! - and I felt ok the whole time I was there.  

Two projects almost done!
I had a wonderful time sewing, chatting, learning.  Who can complain about 5 days of non stop sewing?  Not me!  AND I actually finished two quilt tops!

I came home Friday night and was tired but fine, Sat I started feeling iffy and by Sunday I was in bed - fever, chills, coughing- UGH!  Of course being me - did I go to the doctor?  NOOOOOO.  Not for 10 days and then just because I was sick of coughing.  First round of antibiotic and cough medicine with codeine.  

A week after that I'm STILL coughing, 2nd round of antibiotic and a stronger cough medicine with enough scary warnings on it, I didn't take it.  Did I mention I don't like taking medicines?

I'm finally finishing up the antibiotics - which were HUGE by the way - and the cough is almost gone, as long as I don't laugh, then all bets are off.

So I haven't touched the sewing area.  I'm still half way done.  BUT Jeremy's birthday is next weekend and my grand plan is to have all the kids help move furniture around while they're here celebrating.  They don't know it yet and SHHHHH, don't tell them or they'll find excuses not to come.  Sara's birthday is the weekend after Jeremy's, what I don't get them to move the first weekend, I can con them into moving the second weekend.  Of course by then they'll be on to me . . . .

Till next time.

No comments: