Flip Flops

Quilting Possibilities

Quilting Possibilities
Our latest wool bundle - Sunflowers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pictorial Quilts at Market

Isn't this GORGEOUS? Pictorial quilts are my favorite types of quilts and there were some absolutely gorgeous ones at this quilt market.





I really like the pictorials that are all fabric without painting on fabric. Somehow when it's painted, it's not really a quilt anymore to me, it's a painting . . . I'm sure I will incite all kinds of reactions with that statement!





This is a close up of the rock to the left. The piecing is amazing!




The wave on this quilt was AMAZING! Look at the piecing/applique in the close up.


















Look at the thread painting detail here.

Someday when I have nothing else that absolutely has to be done right then, I'm going to pull out all the pictures I've taken & saved for pictorial quilts and I'm actually going to START one!

Until next time.

1 comment:

BrendaLou said...

Debbie--the last quilt, "Beside the Still Waters"--won 3rd place at Houston-- was made by my good friend Pat Durbin. She began her teaching career in my shop and I encouraged her to write a book. Martingale published her first book, "Mosaic Picture Quilts" last year and will have another book about thread play, painting etc next year. She's a doll and advertises our store in every one of her newsletters. she's a joy to work with.