Flip Flops

Quilting Possibilities

Quilting Possibilities
Our latest wool bundle - Sunflowers

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Desiging Women


My fabric for the next quilt for Quilt Gallery Shops arrived yesterday - minus one. By the time I finished up my HandiQuilter class and did everything else I was supposed to do, it was too late to call Timeless and see when the missing bolt would arrive. Of course the red is what I want to use to sash the panel squares! I did bring home a red Moda that goes but I will put off actually using it until I find out if the Timeless Treasures red will arrive in time. The quilt must be done & photographed by the end of the month. Who said we work best under pressure???


I did get the panel squares cut out & semi arranged on the wall. This will be a puzzle type quilt center - I have a certain size space to fill so that the Jacob's Ladder blocks will form an undulating border -kind of like waves. Now I need to figure out sashing that looks nice, isn't too chunky and fills in enough space to make the whole thing work!


I took my Shop Hop charm quilt to the store & rejected the border I'd planned to use & found another that I like, but it doesn't go with one of the sashings I put on. So that's sitting on my desk silently mocking me that I have to take it apart. Ugh! I did find the camera so I will post a picture before I take it apart.


Also yesterday I was asked to kit two Benartex projects for magazines. Of course they needed prices for the kits by 5pm! Hopefully, I did it right, didn't forget anything and they will sell like crazy! One is a wall hanging from a new line of fabrics called At The Park and the second in a small wall hanging done from Nancy Halverson's Winsome line. Very cute! They will be in Quilt magazine that comes out in February.
I still haven't finished my serger jacket for class this Friday - better go sew!

No comments: